James Mulligan

During the navigation of the Connecticut River by steam, a steamboat of large size was drawn through the streets of Bellows Falls, because the size of the locks was not large enough to allow it to pass in the water. An interesting fact connected with the episode was that it was the same steamer on which James Mulligan, whom every railroad official of 40 years ago knew as the president of the Connecticut River Railroad, began his transportation experiences as its engineer. The steamer “William Hall,” familiarly spoken of in those days as the “Bill Hall,” was built in 1831,

James Mulligan Read More »

Scroll to Top